Monday, November 1, 2010

Something New!

Music really inspires me. There is just something about it that I find so powerful. It can be inspiring, mood-changing, and just plain fun. I have always wished there was a place where I could find cool new music (especially christian music!) that didn't require hours of searching. Bad news: I have not found that place. Good news: I am going to try and provide a solution!! I am introducing 


Each Monday I will introduce a song or two (It might not always be new) that I recently have taken liking to with the hopes others will be able to share in my joy. Also feel free to email or comment with suggestions of songs you would like to see written about or just want to share :)

This Monday I have chosen one of the most successful bands in Christian music history, The Newsboys.

I remember listening to Newsboys on CASSETTE when I was a little girl lol. That is how long they have had a presence yet they are still making amazing music. A few years ago the original lead singer decided to follow a different path which split up the band for a while. But then Michael Tate (from the band DC Talk) came into the picture and it was decided the band would reunite and have Tate as the lead singer. I had the honor of seeing this new band in concert right after the reunion at Minnesota's Sonshine Festival. They are still number one on my list to see in concert. I literally get goosebumps when I watch them. They. are. that. good. Anywho, they cam out with a new CD in July called "Born Again". You may have heard the hit single Born Again on the radio. I was listening to their new CD and came across "Mighty to Save", a remake of a christian classic. You guys, it was like this song was made for Michael Tate's voice. Its powerful. Here is the link to the song on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRbvWAHDvPk
The words are so true. Especially meaningful to me right now in the new chapter in my life. Its easy to just hide in the shadows when you are in a new place and you don't have that support system of friends and family near by. But God calls us to be his hands and feet and to shine his light wherever we go. We are so blessed to be called his children. He is our SAVIOR. Enjoy this song :)

p.s. This song is on my playlist below that is how much I like it :)

1 comment:

  1. SO excited to find you from Friday's blog hops. I love NEWSBOYS. They are the first Christian band I saw and I couldn't believe how amazing they were live. My favorite too!!! Great post. I am a new follower and am looking forward to reading more of your blog. Blessings...
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments